Become a Friend of Maarifa today!
inspiring, engaging and elevating tomorrow's nature custodians
Being a Friend of Maarifa helps support and empower children living in important wildlife areas through education.
Your membership fees are directly invested into delivering our Education for Conservation program in primary schools in Maasai communities in Kenya. They cover wages for locally-employed Maarifa educators, learning aids such as laptops and projectors to run the class room sessions, student nature field trips and small student focused sustainability projects, including water tanks, sustainable kitchen gardens and tree planting.
Other than our educators (who we employ from the local community and up-skill), we are all volunteers, so you can be confident that your support is invested directly to where it is needed!
Together, we can cultivate a future generation of conservation stewards, improve livelihoods and build sustainable communities, where people and wildlife live together in harmony.
Join as a Simba, Chui or Tembo friend today to receive exclusive benefits and offers
International (outside Australia)
hover on images to check out inclusions and offers
Terms and Conditions
- Membership costs are in Australian dollars
- No renewal obligations
- Simba and Chui memberships available only to Australian residents due to postage
- Porini Safari discounts are offered in USD. Discounts eligible for a min 5 night safari stay at any of the Porini or Adventure Camps. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or for camp information visit www.porini.com and for travel in 2022 or 2023 (and extended if Covid prevents international travel)
- Experience Oz vouchers are valid for one use and discount applied to total booking price (Chui members receive two unique codes). Visit www.experienceoz.com.au when ready to book
- Adopt an Acre program administered by the Wildlife Habitat Trust and adoption fee goes direct to land leases and local community payments. Additional acres can be adopted for $50 AUD ($35 USD)
- Visit https://www.porini.com/adopt-an-acre-2/ for more information on the Adopt an Acre program